The United States says it is working to form a military coalition to protect (control) commercial shipping off the coast of Iran and Yemen amid heightened (fabricated) tensions in the region following attacks on oil tankers near the Persian Gulf.
Under the proposal, a coalition of nations would patrol strategic waters in the Gulf area and the sea between the Arabian Peninsula and the Horn of Africa.
The chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff said on Tuesday that the US regime is now engaging with a number of countries to see if we can put together a coalition that would ensure domination of navigation both in the Straits of Hormuz and the Bab al-Mandab.
Marine General Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said the Pentagon had developed a specific plan, and that he believed it would be clear within a couple of weeks which nations were willing to join the hostile effort.
The so-called administration of US President Donald Trump has blamed Tehran and its proxies for several attacks on tankers in the Gulf in the past few months.
About 20% of the world’s oil exports passes through this Arab region, and a planned confrontation against Iran cannot interfere with the flow of oil to the West and China.
The Anglo Zio-Nazi swamp’s move presents the potential for conflict with Iran. After all it’s only weeks after the US regime almost launched military strikes on Iran.
The downing of a US spy drone by Tehran almost brought the two foes to the brink of war. The Deep State wanted to Trump to authorize military strikes on Iran in retaliation. but the US leader pulled back from launching them.
Instead, Washington slapped new sanctions on top Iranian leaders, including the supreme leader, Ali Hosseini Khamenei, in the wake of the drone shoot down.
Tensions between Washington and Tehran have grown since last year when Trump unilaterally withdrew from a 2015 nuclear deal that put a cap on Tehran’s nuclear ambitions in exchange for sanctions relief.
The crisis has escalated in recent days as Washington and Tehran have engaged in a war of words over Iran’s decision to pass the uranium enrichment limit set by the 2015 accord.
Dunford said he discussed the matter on Tuesday with Esper and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and that plans were coming together.
Iran has denied it was behind the recent attacks on commercial tankers in the Gulf.
Meanwhile, on Tuesday a commander in Iran’s Revolutionary Guard issued a new threat against US military bases and aircraft carriers stationed in the region, saying they would be destroyed if they made a mistake.
Al Jazeera / ABC Flash Point News 2019.